ZO Skin Health: Retinol Skin Brightener - 0.25% Retinol (Non HQ)
Retinol improves the appearance of discoloration by promoting cellular turnover to result in visible skin evenness + to support complexion normalization over time. The new formulation is reinforced in an oleosome to target discoluration, and is amplified with bakuchiol to achieve maximized brightening + skin tone evening.
Supportive brightening blend provides multi-vectored inhibition against pigment's pathways.
Synergistic Retinol Formulation
A blend of potent retinol (0.25%, 0.5% or 1.0%), melanin inhibitors and antioxidants are released to rapidly brighten and even skin tone quality. Additionally, this comprehensive multi-action formulation minimizes skin redness caused by environmental factors and helps maintain an even and restored skin tone.
Key Benefits of ZO Retinol Skin Brightener
- Breaks up existing pigmentation and rapidly brightens skin tone
- Helps inhibit new melanin
- Serves as non-hydroquinone alternative or maintenance following Rx treatment (prescription/clinic treatments)
- Promotes exfoliation to eliminate uneven skin tone and improve skin smoothness
- Supports skin’s resiliency against future discoloration aggressors
- Specially encapsulated to deliver a targeted, controlled release of retinol for maximized brightening
- Contains calming + soothing properties for an improved product experience
Clinically Proven Results
By week 8 of the clinical study:
- 96% of patients saw a visible improvement in skin smoothness
- 87% of patients said that skin is visibly brighter
By week 12 of the clinical study:
- 87% of patients saw improvement in the overall appearance of their skin
- 85% of patients said that skin tone is visibly even
- 85% of patients said that skin texture is visibly improved
Protocol: a 12-week independent third-party clinical study of 46 participants to assess the efficacy potential of Retinol Skin Brightener. Participants represent females ages 40-64, with Fitzpatrick skin types II-IV. Supported with the use of Gentle Cleanser, Sunscreen + Primer SPF 30 and Hydrating Creme during the study.
Retinol's anticipated reactions such as redness, flaking, dryness or tightness are signs that a product is working. To manage reactions, start with 2-3 applications per week, then gradually increase to daily usage. Anticipated reactions will significantly diminish after tolerance is established and skin health has been restored.
Feel free to call us or book a virtual consultation to learn how to start using retinol and manage reactions.
Guide To Strengths
Starting Out - Retinol Skin Brightener 0.25%
- For retinoid newbies and the most sensitive skin
- Bakuchiol improves skin brightening
- For body brightening, including for chest, hands and forearms
- Step up to 0.5% concentration after the first bottle
You're Almost There - Retinol Skin Brightener 0.5%
- Starting retinol for most people
- Bakuchiol amplifies brightening + skin tone evening with calming properties to fit most lifestyles
- Step up to 1% after the first bottle
The Destination - Retinol Skin Brightener 1%
- Strongest + most effective retinol-based brightener
- Bakuchiol maximizes rejuvenation while soothing + improving skin's resiliency against future discolouration aggressors
- Pre-conditions skin before in-office brightening treatments
- High-potency retinol: Improves skin texture + dryness and eliminates visible discoloration for brighter + smoother looking skin
- Oleosome delivery: Targeted + slow release of retinol to maximize brightening benefits
- Bakuchiol: Proven skin conditioner that soothes and calms skin to improve the product experience. It also amplifies brightening and skin tone evening without added irritation, even at low retinol concentrations. Bakuchiol also complements retinol and normalizes pigment deposits into skin cells, while its soothing properties calm redness.
- Brightening blend: Provides added support for complexion normalization
ZO 0.25% Retinol Skin Brightener Ingredients - Remastered
Water/Aqua/Eau,Dimethicone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Pentylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Cetyl Alcohol, Acrylamide/Ammonium Acrylate Copolymer, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil,Lavandula Angustifolia(Lavender) Oil, Propylheptyl Caprylate, Bakuchiol, Acetyl Glucosamine, Cetearyl Glucoside, Lecithin, Polyisobutene, Alcohol, Glutathione, Carbomer, Caprylyl Glycol, Bisabolol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Silica, Polysorbate 20, Retinol, Polysorbate 80, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA,Sorbitan Isostearate, Gluconolactone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Ascorbyl Palmitate, BHT, Soy Isoflavones, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Citral, Coumarin.
Use 4 pumps evenly on face and other areas twice a day. Use less frequently to build tolerance if a burning sensation occurs. You can start with 2-3 applications per week, then gradually increase to daily usage.
If you are new to ZO Retinol, we recommend starting with the 0.25% Retinol and slowly building up a tolerance.
For external use only. Do not use if pregnant or lactating. Dryness, irritation and exfoliating will be seen during the first week of use. If rash or irritation develops and persists, stop use and consult a physician. Keep out of eyes. If contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with cool water.
This product may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using the product and for a week afterwards. Keep out of reach of children.